The Marshal Offices of the Podkarpackie and Świętokrzyskie Regions launched the co-operation within the framework of the initiative.
Letters of Intent were been signed on 14 April 2016 in Kielce and on 15 April 2016 in Rzeszów by Corina Creţu, Commissioner for Regional Development, vice-ministers Jerzy Kwieciński and Adam Hamryszczak, and by Władysław Ortyl, the Marshal of the Podkarpackie Region and Adam Jarubas, the Marshal of the Świętokrzyskie Region.
The first edition covered the following areas:
- Vocational education and training (the Świętokrzyskie Region)
- R&D cooperation between science and business – technology transfer (Podkarpackie Innovation Center – the Podkarpackie Region)
- Stimulation and support for entrepreneurship and demand service provision system offered to small- and medium-sized enterprises (the Podkarpackie and Świętokrzyskie Regions)
- Facilitated system for the registration of companies (the Podkarpackie and Świętokrzyskie Regions)
- Regional financial tools (the Podkarpackie Region)
The report with the summary of the first edition is available on the World Bank website.